The Penang Diocesan Pastoral Institute (PDPI) serves as the formation organ of the Diocese of Penang
Objective & Aims
The objective of PDPI is to assist the people of God grow as Christian disciples as they build the Kingdom of God in their lives, families, communities, society and nation. This calls for them to be involved in Christian witnessing and missionary outreach.
PDPI aims to achieve its objective by:
- providing opportunities for the People of God to receive theological, pastoral, spiritual and human formation.
- collaborating with parish priests and heads of diocesan apostolates, ministries and services on formation programmes for those under their care.
- forming and developing present and future lay leaders and formators in the Diocese;
- making accessible theological, pastoral and spiritual formation through on-line learning, etc.
Formation Programmes for 2014
In conjunction with this year’s theme: “Discipleship: Called, Chosen and Sent”, we will be offering 4 module courses to help you better understand the methodologies, focus on Christian leadership and minsitry.
Each module consist of 8 sessions, held every Tuesday starting from the 18th February, 8:00pm to 10:00pm at PDPI. Each module requires a fee of RM50 for participation.
Faith and Revelation
- This module invites participants develop a methodological understanding of the praxis of theological reflection considering the relation of revelation, tradition, faith, reason and authority.
- 18th Feb, 25th Feb; 4th Mac, 11th Mac, 18th Mac, 25th Mac; 8th April, 15th April.
Christian Leadership and Ministry
- This module focuses on Christian leadership and Ministry in the 21st century. Topics include: Servant Leadership, Collaborative Ministry, Ministry and Decision Making, Ministry and Stress, Ministry and Conflict, Ministry and Discernment, Ministry and Forgiveness, and Ministry and Ethics.
- 6th May, 13th May, 20th May; 27th May, 3rd Jun, 10th Jun, 17th Jun, 24th Jun.
Discipleship Through the Eyes of Matthew
- No disciple can follow Jesus alone, but is irrevocably linked to the fellowship of disciples, the ekklesia, the Church. Discipleship is the mission of the church, with all the nations in view. As we are called, chosen and sent, our actions are the test of the authenticity of words.
- 1st Jul, 8th Jul, 15th Jul, 22nd Jul; 5th Aug, 12th Aug, 19th Aug; 2nd Sep.
Our Call to Mission
- This module will help participants become more aware of their role in the mission of the Church. Topics will include: Discipleship: Called, Chosen and Sent, Mission of the Church, Vocation of the Laity, Mission and Ministry, Communion and Mission, Mission and Social Justice, BECs and Mission, Mission to the Poor.
- 23rd Sep, 30th Sep, 7th Oct; 14th Oct, 21st Oct, 28th Oct; 4th Nov, 11th Nov.
For More information:
To download Registration Form:
Check out our activities in the Gallery section